Keeping your business healthy is the goal of any Aetna plan. But knowing how to use the plan can actually save money.
Six tips that can save thousands
- Save with mail order. Aetna offers discounts for the use of mail-order pharmacies for routine medications.
- Go generic. Last year the average brand-name drug cost about $85 more than the average generic. Switching just one prescription from a brand-name drug to a generic can save more than $1,000 a year.1
- Stay within the network. Even if a health plan includes out-of-network benefits, it usually costs considerably less to use an in-network physician.
- Try an online visit. Some doctors offer online consultations, which are often more convenient than in-person visits. Using online visits properly can save time and money.
- Improve your health. Some health plans offer wellness incentives to encourage exercise and good eating habits.
- Spend Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cash. Many employees do not spend all of their FSA money each year. Depending on the exact provisions of FSA coverage, employees may be able to use those last dollars to stock up on sun block, allergy medicine, or prescription sunglasses.